Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Explore Africa With An African Safari

I've appreciated traveling ever since my junior year of high school when my class went on a excursion to Rome. Ever since that time, I've had the chance to backpack all the way through Europe, bum around the Caribbean for a month, and even reside in Southeast Asia for a short time. The more exotic the destination, the better as far as I'm concerned. That's why I've lately been thinking about going on an African safari.

Going on an African safari would be an encounter like no other. It would be incredible to see all those superb animals such as lions, tigers, elephants, giraffes, zebras, buffalo, and more running liberated in their native environment. But unlike hopping on a plane to the Bahamas with merely an overnight bag with me, going on an African safari requires to a certain extent a bit more planning.

The first thing I decided to do was call up a travel agent. I wasn't in truth looking for a quotation at that point. I simply wanted to ask a few fundamental questions to acquire a better picture of what I'd need to do before embarking on my African safari. I'm sure glad that I decided to make inquiries, as there were quite a few things that I never would have figured out on my own.

For instance, I didn't know that I would require a exclusive tourist visa in addition to my normal passport in order to go on an African safari. It's a good thing the travel agent told me about this since it takes in the region of 4-6 weeks for the tourist visa to get processed. An added thing I learned is that it would be a good plan to carry a copy of my vaccination records with me. That's because malaria, dysentery, and other ailments are quite widespread for travelers while on an African safari. I was advised to visit a physician ahead of my journey to get various medicines to help guard against these illnesses.

Once I felt comparatively informed about the arrangements I had to make, I went ahead and started looking at prices. I went online and found quite a few great travel companies specializing in African safaris. Most of these companies have set tour packages that incorporate transport, accommodation, and meals, which would make things a lot easier once I was in that country. Some companies even offered a custom African safari in which travelers could develop their own itineraries. I didn't believe I was fully ready for that, so I ended up simply purchasing a package deal.

I'm parting for my African safari in a few short weeks, and I couldn't be more excited! It's going to be the journey of a lifetime. If you're thinking about departing on your own African safari, check out some of these online travel agents to see if you can obtain a great deal on your trip.

Mitch Hampson is a successful Webmaster and publisher of Cheap Travel Agents so if you would like more information on this subject please checkout his website at http://www.worldtravelnow.info This article is shareware. Use freely with all live links left in place.

Labels: , , , ,